Monday, January 28, 2013

Momenipulation

While talking to Scott and Shannon about picking our moment, mine came to me in an unfortunate flash. I recalled the day I hyperventilated from crying so hard about getting my first and only C. It felt like a dagger, and I felt like a failure. I had registered for four higher level IB courses against the guidance counselor's advice. Biology, English, Photography, and Calculus. It was December of my Junior year and I had veiled and deluded myself into believing I was handling the semester fine. My teacher talked to me and told me that I had a C in the class and that she was recommending that I be demoted to Standard Level Math. At the time, I held it together, but just barely. But when I got home, the deluge came out. I walked down to the dock and cried and cried until I was hiccuping and barely breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment